Tuesday, October 6, 2009

If You Really Cared about my Birthday

My co-workers clearly do not actually care about my birthday. If they did, they would ask me what I want to do today instead of forcing me to go to lunch with them. Do they think I want to go to lunch with them? Do they think I want to spend an un-paid hour of my time, which is normally used to get as far from them as possible, actually eating with them? Surely they can tell how much I dislike them. Maybe they're making me go eat with them as vindication. Yes, that must be it. Because if any of them bothered to ask me, "Haley, what would you like for your birthday tomorrow?" my response would be, "I would like for none of you to speak to me tomorrow, and if you could also avoid walking within 10 feet of my cubicle and generally stay out of my sight all day, that would be awesome. Thanks!"

1 comment:

C said...

Somebody needs a nap.